Learn To Fix Your Boat
Programs and Pricing
Earn Up to $85/hour! LEARN GEL-COAT & POLYFLAKE REPAIR SKILLS. SIGN UP TODAY!
At Mini-Craft University Hands-On Workshops You Will Learn:
- Cosmetic Gel-Coat Repair and Color Tinting
- Polyflake Repair
- General Fiberglass Repair
- General Fiberglass Fabrication
- Heavy-Duty Fiberglass Repair
- Mold Making and Non-Skid Flex-Mold Repair
All Work Shops are by appointment only.
Once booked we will contact you to set up an appointment.
They start from October 2019 – May 2020.
Preregister up to 6 weeks in advance.
Maximum students are 2 per Work Shop.
WORKSHOP IPOLY FLAKE REPAIR
- Repair Stress Cracks and Scrapes
- Learn the preparation procedures to achieve a level repair.
- Application of Flakes
- Learn both wet and dry flake application techniques.
- Clear Gelcoat Application Techniques
- Learn how to eliminate “hazy buildup” and reduce water sanding time.
WORKSHOP IIGEL-COAT REPAIR AND COLOR TINTING
- Color Matching
- Learn the newest techniques in color matching.
- Each student will work on a fiberglass boat section to repair air voids, stress cracks, scrapes/nicks, etc.
- Gel-Coat Refurbishing
- Learn the latest products for rejuvenating dull, faded Gel-Coat.
WORKSHOP IIIMOLD MAKING
Plug Design and Construction
- Build a wood plug and prepare a plug for the molding process.
- Build mold from the plug and prepare for production.
WORKSHOP IVGENERAL FIBERGLASS FABRICATION
- Lay Up Scheduling
- Learn how to develop a layup schedule for your production needs.
- Implement Lay Up Schedule
- Learn the most efficient and cost-effective method to fabricate a fiberglass mold or part.
WORKSHOP VGENERAL FIBERGLASS REPAIR
- Punctures and Fractures
- Learn the latest in coring materials to strengthen damaged areas.
- “Lay-Up” Procedures
- Learn the “lay-up” schedule to ensure stiffness and longevity.
WORKSHOP VIHEAVY-DUTY FIBERGLASS REPAIR
- Floor and Deck
- Replace wet and rotten core with new materials.
- Transom and Stringers
- Learn to replace transoms and stringers with the latest compounds and fiberglass.
WORKSHOP VIINON-SKID FLEX MOLD REPAIR
- Learn to install Flex-Mold on a plug before making the mold.
Learn how to prepare Flex-Mold Non-Skid surfaces before starting the repair.
Learn to repair Flex-Mold Non-Skid patterns on any fiberglass surface.
Daily Schedule – All Classes
8:30 a.m. Class begins
10:15-10:30 a.m. Break
12:30-1:00 p.m. Lunch
3:15-3:30 p.m. Break
5:00 p.m. End of Day
~ Paul LaCharite ~
Paul has been manufacturing Gel-Coat since 1976. He has also been involved with the application of Gel-Coat at both the OEM and repair yard levels since that time. In 1980, Paul became involved with the Mini-Craft of Florida Gel-Coat Division/quick Tint System, mastering the process of matching and adjusting colors. This process is completed in minutes, thereby shortening repair time. Shorter repair time equals higher profits for you! These techniques will be shared with you in the hands-on workshops.
Here’s what your colleagues are saying about the workshops:
“Very informative, enjoyed the hands-on versus a sit-down class. I felt it was worth every penny.”
– Oren Beach, East Coast Marine | Rye, NY
“The best class I have ever attended, very thorough, understand Gel-Coat better now than ever before.”
– Miles Bliss, Rochester Yacht Club | Rochester, NY
“The class was great. I learned more in two days of training than I have in two years in the field.”
– Brian Reese, Atlantic Yacht Sales | Middletown, NJ